Filing Cabinet of the Damned

Monday, July 04, 2005

Gone Fishin'

Due to a great deal of wackiness in my personal life, it'll be a few more days before I post again to Filing Cabinet of the Damned.

Once things quiet down a bit (and I can get my dang scanner to behave), I can put up a post that's been rolling around in my head lately. My prior carping on Chris Ware and Jimmy Corrigan, The Smartest Boy in the Universe felt a bit cheap. To see if I was short-changing Ware, I reread it a few days ago. While I still don't care for the story per se, the technical skill involved is so damned impressive I have to give it the respect it deserves. Ye gods, that man has krazy mad skillz (tm, pat. pending).

A big ol' post on Ware and the snazzy techniques of Corrigan will be along in a few more days.

Meanhwhile, today is July Fourth, America's Day of Independence.

I love this day. Meat! Explosives! Baseball! Fire! Steel! Beer! Aaaarr!

Have a good one, and try not to blow off any body parts. This year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home