Filing Cabinet of the Damned

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Greatest Book Ever

Courtesy of the now-defunct blog Gutterninja, yesterday I found online a copy of The Greatest Book Ever.

What is it?

War and Peace? The Brothers Karamazov? Aunt Erma's Cope Book?

Ha! They wish they possessed a fraction of the art and wisdom as this text.

Online can be found the full book The Monster at the End of this Book, Starring Lovable, Furry Old Grover, by Jon Stone and Mike Smollin. You can read it here, where it's been posted as part of Smollin's website.


It is genius. It is literature at its finest. It is Grover's shining hour.

What literature lacking Lovable Furry Old Grover can make any claim to greatness, true greatness? None. None, I tell you.

Grover is life.

4 Comments:

  • I remember this! You're right. It's awesome.

    It doesn't beat out this American Rabbit book I have that smells funny, but, it's awesome.

    By Blogger Bill Reed, at 1:12 AM  

  • ALL HAIL GROVER!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 AM  

  • Harvey, do you remember when I used to read you this book. I do, I loved your reaction to it......Don't turn the page........Don't turn the page.

    Great Memories!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 AM  

  • I doubt Elmo knows the difference between near and far.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home